Cloud service and storage providers offer valuable IT solutions for businesses of all sizes. Many people reap the benefits of the cloud for personal reasons, but most businesses have yet to take the leap. Whether your current on-site data storage seems sufficient or you simply haven’t taken the time to consider cloud storage, reviewing the following advantages is a good place to start.
- Cost advantage is perhaps the most important benefit to business owners. Cloud storage is more affordable because providers distribute the costs of their infrastructure and services across many businesses. Moving your business to a cloud eliminates the cost of hardware and maintenance.
- With the convenience of cloud storage, all you need is a computer and an internet connection. Most of your server hardware is not needed, which saves physical space and eliminates the need for maintenance and employee attention. Your cloud storage provider will maintain, manage, and support your solutions.
- You will have enhanced security. Instead of having all of the hardware in your office, cloud storage is housed in a data center, providing your business with enterprise-level security. There is also no single point of failure in the cloud because your data is backed up to multiple servers. So, if one server crashes, your data stays safe because it is stored in other locations.
- The mobility benefits provided by the cloud are rapidly increasing for businesses of all sizes. With today’s connectivity, we are able to work wherever, whether we are waiting for a flight or home with a sick kid, we can still work efficiently. If you work from multiple devices, such as your phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop, you won’t have to worry about manually adding the latest file onto each device. The newest versions of your documents are stored in the cloud and will be easily accessible from all of your devices.
- Cloud storage is a scalable service and you pay for what you use, when you use it. You do not need to anticipate how much storage you will need for the year and risk paying for unused space. You adjust the storage through the cloud providers and pay based on your needs, modifying as they change.
There are many advantages of cloud storage. Understanding cloud storage can be confusing to some. Contact Tri-Copy today to have all of your cloud and IT solutions questions answered.